Freesun Solar Inverters
The revolutionary Freesun solar inverter range provides ground-breaking modular utility scale solar inverters in both indoor and outdoor design. A wide variety of configurations both with and without transformers permits the Freesun range to match virtually any network configuration. Available in 500kVA – 3500kVA, 400VAC – 690VAC output and 1000VDC - 1500VDC input.
Modular and Redundant Design Provides Higher Yield
The Freesun range utilises a modular topology that combines the advantages of a central inverter with the availability of string inverters.
- All power modules work in parallel controlled by a dual redundant main control
- Automatic redundancy shifts the main control in the event of a module failure
- Automatic restarting of the inverter with power requirements spread evenly across all running modules
- A modular inverter is more efficient than a centralised inverter. During low radiation levels the modular architecture uses just the correct number of modules to provide power
- With lower losses a modular inverter can provide power earlier in the morning and later in the day providing a greater energy yield
Mount your Solar Inverter Where the Sun is – OUTSIDE
Designed for the harshest conditions and designed for 20 years of operation, the Freesun can cope with conditions ranging from the frozen Siberian Tundra to the Californian Death Valley.
- Totally sealed cabinet protecting electronics from dust and moisture
- Temperature and humidity controlled active heating prevents internal condensation
- Stainless steel enclosure construction
- Anti-corrosive polymeric C3 paint coating as standard
- 50mm thick mineral insulation panel isolates the internals from solar heat gains
- Smart iCOOL V cooling permits operation up to 50 degC
Dynamic Grid Support
The Freesun range has the very latest firmware designed to provide a variety of utility interactive features.
- Low voltage ride through permits the withstand of any voltage dip or profile required by the local power authority
- The inverter can immediately feed the fault with reactive power within protection limits
- A frequency regulation system restricts the active power to a pre-set characteristic curve supporting grid stabilisation
- Advanced control algorithms allow the Freeasun to support the grid through reactive power injection or phase shift control
- Unique passive and active anti-islanding protections eliminate nuisance tripping and grid distortion. Certified to IEC 62116 and IEEEE1547.
VAR Control – Use the Freesun as a STATCOM
Instead of just sitting there doing nothing during hours of darkness, the Freesun can be used as a static synchronous compensator providing VAR support, voltage support of power factor correction. It can respond to an external dynamic signal, a command from our Power Plant Controller, or pre-set reactive power set point.
Simplify Your Installation with a Complete Solar Solution
The MV skid is a compact outdoor turnkey system designed to simplify a solar inverter installation. Utilising our rugged outdoor HEC inverter range the MV skid simplifies design, transportation, delivery and installation, especially in remote locations.
- Built on a high resistance galvanised steel platform
- Integrates all MV equipment, including outdoor transformer, MV switchgear, oil tank and filter
- Built in fast power connections to any HEC series inverter
- 400V – 690V low voltage inverter output
- 11kV – 36kV high voltage grid connection
- 1100kVA – 3500kVA
- A flexible twin skid design increases capacity to 3000kVA – 7000kVA range for large scale PV power plants
- Prefabricated concrete building stations and 40ft container stations are also available