ASVG Advanced Static Var Generator
The Advanced Static Var Generator provides the same dynamic performance as the SVG with the added benefit of combining harmonic mitigation. Available in 50/100kVar wall mount and 30/50/100kVar cabinet mount modules, 400/480/690VAC three phase
Extend Your Power Factor Correction Performance
The requirement for power factor correction is the number one power quality issue faced by the vast majority of industrial and commercial installations. The second biggest power quality issue is harmonic mitigation.
- Commercial installations will often have elevated 3rd harmonics owing to single phase non-linear loads such as computer switch mode power supplies, LED lighting, electronics lighting ballasts, inverter heat pumps.
- Add a computer data centre backed up by UPS containing a six pulse rectifier and 5th, 7th, 11th harmonics can be added into the mix
- Variable Speed Drives controlling air handler units within building HVAC systems can further elevate the 5th, 7th, 11th harmonics
- Industrial installations will often have high levels of variable speed drive loading as automation systems improve efficiencies and productivity. It is no uncommon to see very high levels of current harmonics and voltage harmonic distortion resulting from six pulse VSDs drawing predominantly 5th, 7th 11th harmonics.
Wouldn’t it be great if you could address both power factor correction and harmonic mitigation in one cost effective unit. The Advanced Static Var Generator (ASVG) does just that.
Power Factor Correction and Harmonics Mitigation in One
- Reactive power compensation: Cos ϕ = 1.00
- Capacitive and Inductive compensation: -1 to +1
- All the features and benefits of the SVG
- Mitigation of 3rd, 5th, 7th, 11th harmonic orders
- Unit capacity can be shared 50/50 between power factor correction and harmonics correction
- Current imbalance correction can correct for load imbalance across all three phases
The 3rd, 5th, 7th, 11th harmonic orders are the most prevalent in the majority of installations. A correctly sized ASVG can not only correct your displacement power factor to unity but also reduce your harmonics to <5% THDi. Dealing with both results in a near unity true power factor.